Things You’ll Need
You will be asked to enter a professional email address for each reference. Our system will email a reference request as soon as you choose to send the reference, so it is a good idea to give your supervisors a heads up!
If you are a current teacher:
You must provide contact information for the three individuals who write your references:
- At least one administrator, Assistant Principal or above, from your current position and
- Two other administrators who supervised you in positions you’ve held within the past seven years
If you are a recent graduate:
- University field advisor
- Mentor teacher(s)/supervising teacher(s) with whom you did your student teaching
- A professor, other mentor teacher or relevant supervisor.
While these materials are optional, recruiters do enjoy viewing them to get a multifaceted sense of who you are. A fun video about yourself or a beautiful sample of your classwork can only help you stand out as someone a school would love to have!
- Professional Profile Photo
- YouTube, Animoto, or Prezi video
- Personal resume
- Reference list
- Philosophy of education
- Colleague, parent and student recommendations
- Examples of your classwork
- Personal Statement
Copies of official transcripts can be scanned and uploaded.
- If you are a senior in college, not yet graduated, we advise uploading a copy of your official transcripts through your current semester.
- If you have graduated, we advise uploading official transcripts of your highest degree earned.
You can upload copies of your degrees directly into the system.
We strongly advise uploading any state or government issued certifications relating to your experience in education as most schools look for a current certification.