Please ask your references to use our confidential evaluation form. It is easy for them to do, and very important for you to have in your file. Remember, as soon as you submit your application, these referees will be contacted - make sure they know it’s coming!
You must provide contact information for the three individuals who write your references:
If you are a recent graduate:
- University field advisor
- Mentor teacher(s)/supervising teacher(s) with whom you did your student teaching
- A professor, other mentor teacher or relevant supervisor.
- If you are already a teacher:
- At least one administrator, Assistant Principal or above, from your current position and
- Two other administrators who supervised you in positions you've held within the past seven years
To create a well rounded profile, ISS encourages all to add additional references, who have been supervisors, to each file. While three is the minimum, candidates can always add more - and are encouraged to do so!