At ISS we value our relationship with you and want to convey our commitment to your privacy. We have updated our Data Privacy and Protection Policies.

Pan American School of Porto Alegre Celebrates 50 Years




Our school community is proud to be celebrating our 50th golden anniversary! The Pan American School of Porto Alegre (PAS) has been providing excellent personal and educational opportunities to our students since 1966. PAS is a private, not-for-profit, bilingual, multicultural, P3–12th grade coeducational, secular school of approximately 400 students.

pan001.jpg

Fully accredited by AdvancED in the United States, PAS is an authorized IB World School that delivers the Primary Years Program (PYP), the Middle Years Program (MYP), and now is authorized to deliver the AP Capstone program as well; we are strong at fifty!

pan002.jpg

PAS offers progressive academic programs that focus on inquiry-based learning that prepare our students for current and future success.

We strive to continually develop our international identity by our membership in various educational groups such as the Council of International Schools (CIS), the Association of American Schools in South America (AASSA), and the Association of American Schools in Brazil (AASB). These organizations offer support to member schools by offering ongoing professional development, assisting with faculty recruitment, and providing a network for similarly minded schools.

Approximately 75 percent of our students are Brazilian with the remaining 25 percent coming from more than fifteen distinct nationalities. Our teachers are fully certified in their teaching area(s) and come from three continents and six countries—60 percent from Brazil and 40 percent from abroad. As a result, our school has become a multicultural center in southern Brazil.

pan003.jpg

Our collective efforts and hard work have resulted in a unified sense of purpose, optimism, and commitment to create a unique learning environment that allows our students to pursue their dreams and embrace change. PAS has come together as a community to provide strong academic preparation as well as wellness, artistic, and musical opportunities to develop character and provide our students with the skills and habits they need to succeed now and in the future.

PAS recently began to improve its physical environment with new labs and more open space for our students. To best meet our growing needs, we started an aggressive expansion project that will help us achieve our vision of being an exemplary international learning community.

We embrace our successes and our opportunities as we remain confident about our future.

What will the next fifty years offer PAS? The sky is the limit.


Published in ISS NewsLinks: Volume XXXII Number 3

Check out all of our events and conferences | 2018/19 conference dates: Atlanta, GA, USA (December 9-11, 2018)  •   Bangkok, Thailand (January 4-7, 2019)  •   San Francisco, CA, USA (February 7-10, 2019) |